Developed to have the same functionality as a standard microtiter plate.
Allows for ultra miniaturisation of assays.
- open architecture of the plate design – allows for free diffusion of respiratory gases and the rapid, convenient dispensing of cells and experimental analytes
- on-board hydrogel based environmental buffering system – designed to reduce harmful environmental fluctuations
- protects cells by resisting rapid thermal fluctuations and eliminating evaporation of media
- allows miniaturization of cell-based assays down to nano-liter volumes
Advantages of miniturisation:
- Reduced reagent and consumables cost
- Higher throughput
- Reduced storage and research space
- Improved mixing of reagents
- Maximized use of valuable cells, i.e primary cells
The environmental buffering properties of Vale HPMicroplates allow miniaturization of cell-based assays down to nano-liter volumes.